Saturday, July 25, 2009

Family Meals

"family meals" in the industry usually means using scraps to make a meal for the staff of the evening. I've worked at some nice places where they actually buy ingredients just to make the meals but that was a luxury. At Per Se the staff meals actually utilized mostly trimmings, which was awesome because they only use the best meats and produce. I think we ate Kobe/Wagyu beef burritos once a week. (I gained a lot of weight working there because we ate so well).




Now most nights at Recette we don't make family meal but this week we finished prep early so we treated ourselves. Jesse bought ingredients at the market and I made fresh pasta (I fully intended to do nothing and drink mojitos but got coerced). It was a pretty good one pot meal.
Chicken Stew with chorizo, coconut, and farfalle.







Chowing down with my "family".

No comments:

Post a Comment