Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Time to start spicing it up.


My favorite cookie of all time is this ginger cookie. I've been trying to perfect it for years and I think I've almost got it to where I want it to be but its still not perfect. I'm a perfectionist so it may never be perfect, but its still darn good. Its crispy around the edges but still chewy in the center and its not too sweet (and if you use splenda you can reduce the calories and not feel as guilty).

Ginger Cookies

2.75 cups AP
2.5tsp Baking Soda
0.5tsp salt
1T ground ginger
0.5tsp all spice
1tsp ground black/mixed pepper
3T fresh ginger,microplaned
1.5 sticks butter (soft)
0.5 cup light brn sugar
0.5cup splenda (for baking) or granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
1 lrg egg

Cream your butter and sugars together. Add eggs and cream till very light. Add molasses, salt, gingers and spices and continue to paddle the mixture to fully incorporate the spices. Add flour, baking soda mix till combined. Scoop batter and refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls and coat with granulated sugar. Bake at 350F until they puff and start to crack. Do not over bake.

1 comment: