Monday, November 30, 2009

Carrot Pumpkin Cake


Carrot Pumpkin Cake

1c sugar
0.5c brown sugar
3/4c veg oil
1tsp vanilla
3large eggs
1.5c pumpkin puree

2.5c AP flour
2tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
1.5tsp baking powder
1.5tsp baking soda
1tsp salt

3c shredded carrot
0.5 c walnuts

Combine eggs and sugars and mix until eggs are light and fluffy. Add the oil, vanilla and pumpkin and mix till fully incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and carrots and fold till combined. Sprinkle walnuts on top

Bake at 350F till skewer comes out clean in center.

I did this recipe to cut down the amount of oil usually used in a carrot cake so I added pumpkin puree. It made the cake a bit dense but really moist. Next time I would separate the eggs and whip the whites separately and fold them in at the end to lighten it up.

2 comments:

  1. from how your previous few posts have gone, I was expecting a secret ingredient of turkey somewhere in the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I could have used Turkey Fat..haha

    ReplyDelete