Monday, August 10, 2009

Tapas Party!

My friends went to Spain without me and came back raving about the food so we threw a party and made our own versions. It took me forever to decide what to make. I found inspiration from several books but in the end it just came down to what ingredients I found at the market.









My version of Albondigas made with a mixture of lamb, beef and pork.
Spiced Meatballs, Spanish Smoked Paprika Aioli

Whenever I think of Spanish food I think of Chorizo so I incorporated them into two of the night's tapas.
Chorizo and Chickpeas, Smoked Paprika, Roasted Red Peppers
Chorizo and Herb Stuffed Mushrooms (Champinones Rellenos)

Baby octopus is also a very popular ingredient which needs to be cooked till tender then dressed up. I boiled the shit out of the fresh octopus in a pot of water with an onion, garlic, parsley, lemon and peppercorns. Once it was tender I pulled it out of the pot and cleaned off all the skin before dressing it in a savory vinagarette with anchovies and lots of herbs.
Pulpo en Vinaigrette

I know you're probably thinking where is the salt cod? Well the Bacalao would have been great but I didn't have time to soak and rinse it a thousand times... because I waited till the last minute to decide what to make ( typical). If I had soaked the cod I would have made salt cod fritters. Who doesn't love fried artery clogging balls of salty goodness?


No comments:

Post a Comment