Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No Imposters Here!

Every time I go to a restaurant and see Lobster Ravioli on the menu I never order it... and you shouldn't either. No restaurant that wants to make money is going to give you real lobster meat in those ravioli. It will be 80%-90% shrimp and fillers with the remaining frozen lobster scraps.
Since we are serious about our food and our customers we don't do that to our ravioli filling.



The filling is made with large chunks of raw lobster meat from the tails and claws bound by a tiny bit of shrimp meat paste and herbs. Each giant ravioli contains 3oz. of lobster meat.




















The shells and heads are then used for stock which forms the base of the sauce.








Lobster Ravioli, Burratta, Roasted Mushrooms, Beets, Tarragon, Lobster Emulsion



1 comment:

  1. now I know.. I wonder how many times I've been duped.

    ReplyDelete